CARTOMAP Module 1
Surveying, CAD and Terrain Modeling
Importing and exporting data. Field book with stations, points, codes and visuals (forward, backward, orientation,...). Automatic drawing using point codes. Analytical land survey calculations. Geodetic calculator. 2D/ 3D CAD with over 250 tools. Terrain modeling. 2D views with division and rotation. Presentations stations and points. Contour and color maps. Client WMS (Web Map Services). Orthophotos in ECW / Geo TIFF / Geo JPEG. Reports with built-in editor, templates and ASCII, Excel and PDF output. Graphical output to paper, PDF and DWG / DXF with covers, division and rotation and assemblies with multiple zones. Setting out and quality control.
Module 1 - Feature Summary:Click the arrow to expand / collapse each section, or select the following options:
- Integrated Application: It does not require any other application, the user can perform all tasks of Civil Engineering, Surveying, Mining, Geodesy ... until the output of reports and drawings. The user interface is extremely simple and allows maximum performance in minimum time.
- Single file: CARTOMAP manages the entire project in a single file (extension .ctm) allowing backups, email, etc. easily and safe. Automatic backups at user-defined intervals security are made to keep the project safe from any external abnormalities.
- User Interface The latest advances in user interfaces join innovative techniques to facilitate access to the further evolution of the past 25 years. Available resources are used to the fullest with parallel processing and working with multiple monitors.
- Units: You can define the units of distance, angles and volume, whether imperial units, grads or angles in degrees, and display them with the desired accuracy. If you exchange data with another user whose preferred units will differ according to your preferences updated without the project data is altered.
Import and Export
- More than one hundred formats and sub-formats: For comfortable sharing information with other applications. In most cases, CARTOMAP makes intelligent interpretation of the possible sub-formats to save the user having to know which is right.
- CARTOMAP: Data from other CARTOMAP projects (layers, graphic entities, stations, points, grade layout, templates...) are imported.
- External Reference Files: You can work with external files (CTM, DWG, DXF, DGN), but not modifiable data for viewing and interacting with CAD.
- WMS Client: You can incorporate raster images of the project area in standard coordinate systems of the EPSG from a WMS Server (Web Map Services).
- CAD - DWG, DXF, DGN: Any view is exported in plant, longitudinal profile, cross sections and multiple planes. The import and export supports AutoCAD versions from v10, MicroStation from v5 and ArcInfo.
- LandXML v1.0, 1.1 y 1.2: Se pueden importar y exportar archivos LandXML que incluyen puntos, observaciones, modelos del terreno, trazado en planta y en alzado, secciones tipo, líneas de perfil longitudinal y de perfiles transversales.
- Land Survey: Points and stations are transferred in multiple formats automatically recognized in local coordinates, geographical, angular observations, etc. Layers and entities lists and code lists are also exchanged.
- CARTOMAP BIG DATA: In CARTOMAP UNLIMITED, clouds are generated with trillions of points from LIDAR, multibeam, etc. using files in various formats: LIDAR, DSM, GDEM, XYZ, BIL, USGS, ARCINFO...
- Cartography: In addition to the generic CAD files DWG / DXF / DGN, the most commonly used cartographic formats are supported: DIGI, BC3 and Plancar, with simultaneous reading of multiple files.
- Plan layout: Multiple data types are exchanged: grade layout, cross section template (including curved sections for tunnels and pipes), definition of longitudinal and transverse profiles by points, superelevation and over widening assignments, tunnel quality control points...
Data from a project CARTOMAP
- Layers:The layers provide the overall structure of the information and its processing together. Each layer may include a set of stations, points and graphical entities and determine its visibility on-screen and on-printer and lock them to prevent unwanted changes.
- Graphic entities: Entities grouped different graphic elements for further joint treatment; for example, for surfaces, profiles, plan layout...
Each layer can contain multiple entities (different parcels, streets, facilities...). This structure is much more effective than other targeted only to layers that complicate interaction with other elements of the project.
- Stations: The stations provide a position known or calculated, for the foundations of the project. CARTOMAP can automatically check, and impede, that stations with the same index are generated.
- Visuals: There are multiple types of visuals to calculate the disorientation of the station, forward/backward to other traverse stations, generate free station, reverse or direct resection,...
- Survey points: Each point corresponds to a position in the field that may be defined in absolute terms or by reference from a station by observing angles and distances.
- Codes: Each point may have one or more codes associated, each with multiple parameters. The codes are used in autoscketch function to automatically generate the corresponding drawing. Also they transferred to AutoCAD® as annexes to the point attributes and extended data.
- Traverse adjustment: An open or closed traverse can be adjusted by multiple criteria (least squares, proportional to the number of sections, to the length...) it can be solved in 2D or 3D. Data entry is very intuitive and has an interactive graphical representation. A complete report is generated with the original data, linear and angular errors and their distribution.
- Intersections: Backwards, forwards and mixed.
- Free-station: Calculates the position and height of the instrument station,along with the orientation of the horizontal circle, from measurements to at least two points, the coordinates of which are known.
- Transformations - Helmert, translation, rotation, scaling ...: Applying geometric changes to allow a data set based on a series of 2D / 3D transformations. Redundant calculations are solved by least squares and an error report is generated and may disable those parameters that may be of lower quality.
- Geodesic Calculator: This built-in calculator allows to calculate, transform, import and export data from a geodetic system to another.
Thousands of data (ellipsoids, datums, datum shift, projections ...) defined by different international organizations (EPSG, GC, BM ...) are supported. The database is part of CARTOMAP and can be updated with files in GeoCalcXML format. CARTOMAP facilitates the most common transformations through a simplified configuration list.
It is possible to transform coordinates from geocentric, geographic or projected from an ellipsoid to another, with different data transformations (Bursa-Wolfe, Molodensky and Molodensky-Badekas) and orthogonal / ellipsoidal elevations by importing grid elevation data. Projection systems can be UTM and Gauss-Kruger.
Conversion to local coordinates is done through a Helmert linking two or more pairs of geographic and local coordinates that can be 3D or 2D for each pair.
NTv2 and other transformations are supported between different geographic systems.
- Triangle mesh: It is based on an irregular triangle network, optimal for a surveying model. CARTOMAP includes breaklines, limiting zones and interactive editing of the resulting model.
- Models with million points (LIDAR, multibeam...): It is a suitable model for clouds of millions of regularly distributed points usually generated by massive data capture like LIDAR, 3D scanner, multibeam, etc. A cloud of 50 million points generates a 200MB file which can be processed seamlessly in real time. LIDAR ASCII and binary, ICC, ArcInfo, INEGI of Mexico, USGS, generic XYZ formats are supported...
- Spherical mesh: It is used for corrections of orthometric / ellipsoidal altitude in the geodesic calculator, also part of the GPS data collection. DAT, GR, GRD and US GEOID formats are supported.
- 3D Cartography: CARTOMAP can calculate the height in a position based on the cartography that surrounds it, interpolating between contour lines with valid height mapping, support points, etc.
- Altimetry amended by project: With one click, a land with altimetry amended by the projected work that can serve as a basis for further phases of the project is done, see the contour after work, etc.
- Differential model: You can generate a model as the difference between another two. This way you can see, for example, cut and fill areas with contour or color map.
- Stations and points This presentation allows you to show the stations and points of a set of layers in a unified way, with a distinctive mark and the desired data (index, altitude, coordinates and/or codes).
It may perform intelligent positioning automatically avoiding overlap of data. You can manually place the data anywhere.
- Contour lines: This presentation allows to show up to 5 types of contours, smoothed or not, each with its equidistance, color and number.
- Color map, hypsometric tints: This presentation allows you to display a color map of hypsometric tints, using a color range specified by the user that can be stored and retrieved from external files. It creates effects of light and shadow by the position and color of the light source.
- Terrain model: In models of irregular triangle network, these can be displayed as wireframe or textured.
- Model of the projected work: This presentation allows you to show the surfaces generated by the projected as wireframe or textured.
- Automatic capture of coordinates: 18 types of automatic graphical captures facilitate the drawing with absolute precision. You can also force some captures; for example, you can select a point by pressing [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [click], by using the tool to capture or by entering the point index.
- Interaction and help: The drawing is fully interactive, showing intermediate steps of the operation as we move the mouse. The user has a specific help for each drawing tool that can be displayed the first time an operation is used or can be ordered by pressing [F1]. Also a brief information is provided in the lower status bar.
- Multiple selection: You can select various graphic elements and points (by click, by area, by filter...) obtaining numerical information editable and you can modify their attributes or perform operations via drag and drop on the browser.
- Trace elements - lines, arcs, spirals, ovoid and polylines: Each element can be defined and modified by multiple criteria.
Polylines can have arcs, be smoothed and have 3D elevation and 3D textures to form 3D blocks and facets.
You can create links between straights, between straight and curve and between curves. In each case you have multiple criteria and sub-criteria with different input types. It has a graphical preview of the results with the possibility of making zooms, see the whole background mapping, etc.
- Auxiliary items - Circles and axis: The auxiliary items does facilitate the path design by supporting the positioning of other elements, apart from being a part of the drawing itself.
- Finishing items - texts, symbols, dimensions, slopes, images / orthophotos, drawing styles: The finishing items allow provide graphical and alphanumeric information of particular relevance to identify the project data or improve its interpretation in their environment.
You can define and modify text by multiple criteria. You can set text styles to maintain an homogeneous and easily editable representation throughout the project.
You can define and modify symbols and assign them point, line or in a surface. They can also be used in autosketch to be placed automatically according encoding field data. Also, they can be used in the definition of line types with symbols along a line.
You can insert images in multiple formats (JPG, BMP, TIF, GIF, PNG ...) with transparency.
Orthophotos in GeoJPEG, GeoTIFF and ECW formats of any size can be used. Multiple orthophotos can be dragged from the file browser and CARTOMAP automatically places them in their reference coordinates and updates the view.
You can define and modify associated dimensions to an item or layout elements, so it changes when you change the related items. It also has a dimension style editor to define colors, lines, arrows, text, etc. to unify their presentation.
CARTOMAP generates lines of slopes, according to the criteria established by the user, and ensures smooth head and foot lines, drawing the perpendicular lines and avoiding the intersection between them. The drawing is automatically adjusted to the level of zoom.
The drawing styles allows you to standardize the graphical representation and associated information from different entities regardless of the layer to which they belong. You can set: Filling for closed entities, up to 7 parallel lines to the definition of the entity (edge lines, shoulder ...), smooth lines and up to 16 data fields associated with each entity. The features are associative, any change in the entity is automatically reflected in the filling, parallel lines, etc.
- Information: CARTOMAP provides information automatically, which in many cases can be modified, when selecting one or more graphic elements. You can also request information from various sections of the project and can obtain a report that can be printed, exported or placed on the plane.
- Stake out: You can generate points and stations from the project data with associated codes (PK, offset ...) to facilitate the work stakeout on site.
CAD processing tools
- Autosketch: The autosketch allows you to define the interpretation of codes, numeric and alphanumeric, which may be associated with survey points for the automatic production of the sketch. The graphic items that can be created are punctual (marks, symbols, grouping layers ...), linear (straight lines, arcs, smooth lines, break lines ...) and surface. In any case you can also specify the colors, line types and patterns to be used. You can define, import and export multiple autosketch to work with different field teams evenly.
- Interactive division of plots: CARTOMAP facilitates the interactive division of plots by three possible approaches: a parallel to the boundary line, on a line with an azimuth or a pivot point. The division can be done analytically watching the corresponding graphical result before accepting it. You can create new entities or polylines with the resulting division.
- Optical interpretation of planes: CARTOMAP can generate points along contour lines, at the intersection with 3D mapping within a transversal strip to a path, and by take the text as the height in nearby marks, circles or symbols. This makes it possible to generate points with valid height for subsequent calculations or generating terrain models.
- Available Reports: Through the main menu you can access the different reports, each with multiple possibilities. You can also generate reports from within the edit and information dialogs.
- Report Manager: The report manager simplifies the viewing, editing, exporting and printing tasks. To do this it has a bar with specific tools.
- Copy reports in the 2D view: You can copy the whole or partial contents of a report in a 2D view to document the project.
- Printing: Any report can be sent to any printer installed on your system.
- Export: You can export any report in different formats: PDF, ASCII to exchange with other programs, clipboard for pasting into other applications and opening a new Excel spreadsheet and paste data including multiple tables as different sheets.
- Division and rotation of planes: The plan view can be divided automatically, along a path, or interactively, to create different planes each with a definable position and orientation.
- vers and Boxes: You can use any drawing (including imported DXF / DWG) as a cover or box in the background of the graphical output. Also you can easily modify texts that are in the cover for to include project data.
- Interactive preview: The graphical output is previewed on screen before giving the acceptance for printing. On the preview you can make zooms, reposition views, etc.
- Printing: Any graphical output can be printed directly, save to PDF and export to DWG or DXF, including covers, boxes, and multiple views.